Friday, September 20, 2013

Compton and Washington, my theory, and Reddit

Greetings, others who have little else to occupy their brain.



Found this set about a week ago, at Compton and Washington.


Those tiles look like they had asphalt kinda smeared over them, as if it they had been smeared at the time of paving. I don't think asphalt will smear once it's set. This leads me to lean more towards believing the theory that a Street Dept. worker is behind this. I feel somewhat certain that this stuff can only be laid at the time of paving.


Speaking of paving, there seems to have been a shitload of new pavement being laid all throughout South City lately. In the process of riding around, I have found many more golf balls. I am too lazy to grab photos of all of them and upload them today, but I can tell you I've found them at Forest Park Parkway and Des Peres Road, along Eichelberger where it intersects both Wherry AND Macklind (and there is already a domino at Macklind and Eichelberger!) Not to mention that huge stretches of Manchester, Arsenal, and Chippewa have all been repaved, and I bet there is tons more buried treasure to be found.

I was passing by Eichelberger and Wherry the other day while the Street Dept. was in the process of striping the newly paved stretch - had any of them been standing around instead of actually working, I would have inquired about what the shit this is all about. But sure enough, fresh golf balls in the pavement the same day or day after that stretch was paved, and a golf ball found in the asphalt the DAY AFTER Forest Park Parkway was repaved. It HAS to be a City Street worker.

Which kinda makes me wonder if the golf ball thing is like some apprentice person who is copy-catting the domino guy. Do they know each other? Are they related? Is one guy taking over for the domino guy? WHAT THE SHIT


Onto other news, It looks like I'm (or rather, this phenomenon) is Reddit-famous:
http://www.reddit.com/r/StLouis/comments/1ms942/new_pavement_at_grand_and_washington_means_new/

Be sure to chime in.


1 comment:



  1. ASASA Kitchens best kitchen renovation toronto company.Asasa Kitchens caters from New Kitchen Intallation, Custom Design Kitchens, Kitchen Remodel and Refacing.Also asasa kitchen offers kitchen cabinets,kitchen Tiles,Kitchen Quartz Countertop,kitchen faucets.

    ReplyDelete